With spring forward taking place this weekend we were inspired to share with you our favorite sophisticated spring Benjamin Moore colors.
These lighter pastels and beautiful taupes create the perfect fresh, clean update for spring time. We are sure you will agree a fresh change compliments that spring breeze we are all in love with when we can finally open the windows, even here in South Florida.
These are our “go-to” colors that complement our “Luxe Serenity” interior design style. This palette of soft pale greens and taupes work beautifully with contemporary fabrics, natural jute and bamboo silk rugs, and soft sophisticated lighting to create an inspiring sanctuary.
You can learn about our design services and view more of our spaces and favorite color combinations on our website by clicking here.
Happy Spring Decorating! -Kelly
“Casual Elegance” family room design progress:
I’m super happy my Whitestone client approved the design of their “Casual Elegance” family room. What a great way to start the month! The space is one you may be familiar with, full of furniture but feels unwelcoming and un-finished. So they hired me to add sophistication to the space while still feeling cozy, comfy and most important, livable.
The space is an open floor plan that is right off the kitchen, so that space is getting a little update as well to flow with the new look of the family area. With a toddler and newborn baby, toys are running amok, so creative storage solutions are a must. The new media cabinet will hold all the kids toys and books along with the large storage ottoman that is perfect for little ones to open. The contemporary patterns in the fabrics will make the space feel fresh and are durable and practical for little sticky fingers.
Stay tuned in the next few weeks for the reveal of the new family room’s look.
Thrift store find Before + After transformation:
A few months ago I wandered into my favorite thrift shop, The Furniture Market, in Astoria Queens. I immediatly fell in love with four of these mid century chairs. Sure they looked al little ugly at sight, but I saw the potential and knew they were going to be stunning after restored.
I showed the photo of them to my client, and at first she was a little hesitant about them. So, I showed her the same exact chairs on the V&M.com site, that were selling for hundreds more, and she too became convinced they would make awesome dining chairs in her new space.
I wanted to keep the focus on the shape of the chair and it’s cool simplicity, so I chose a neutral durable/cleanable ostrich print vinyl for the upholstery. Along with a good cleaning, these chairs are stunning. No one will ever imagine they came from a thrift store and for a killer bargain.
Do you shop at thrift stores for furniture? Do you love the thrill of the hunt too?
Grand decor ideas for small and narrow spaces….
I stopped by my clients home yesterday to check up on the wallpaper hanging and electirical work on her staircase landing, and boy was it a treat! The Romo wallpaper looks amazing!! I’m so thrilled with how it all turned out I couldn’t resist sharing it with you.
In a small space like a staircase landing, dramatic wallpaper really makes a space come alive and feel grand. While the soothing tones in the artwork give the narrow walkway a sophisticated touch that is easy on the eyes.
I chose a durable indoor/outdoor area rug from Home Decorators for the foyer that beautifully complements the new staircase landing decor which is a main focal point upon entering the home.
Do you have a challanging narrow space in your home? Why not give these design ideas a try!
Highlights from the New York International Gift Show in New York City
Earlier this week I stopped by the NYIGF which happens twice a year in NYC. It’s honestly the highlight of my year since it’s where I hunt for the best of the best furniture and accessories for my projects and find loads of inspiration.
Here are some of my favorite items from the show that I either can’t wait to use in my projects or peaked my interest in breaking out of the box with unexpected elements.
Hope you love these pieces as much as I do and find inspiration in them too!
My client signed off on her Modern Classic living room design, yipee! Now the fun starts, ordering furniture. Then the not so fun part, waiting for it to arrive….
In the meantime, there’s lots to do; we need to paint the room, wire the walls for sconces and clear out the old furniture to make room for the new.
Stay tuned for updates on this space and a few project peeks in the next few weeks.
Bits of my Fran-tastic week: July 22nd
1. Industrial Glam Greenpoint bedroom design is looking amazing now that the stripes are up and some of the furniture was delivered. Reclaim nightstands from West Elm are the perfect piece coupled with the hollywood regency style lamps, so FAB!
*FYI: Stripes are Benjamin Moore’s Dior Gray and In the midnight hour
2. Love how my client’s India photos look once enlarged, took them to get framed to add a personal touch to her soon to be complete ‘Dreamy Palm Beach” bedroom.
3. While perusing the Two’s Company website I stumbled upon this amazing faux snake skin universal remote control from their new Dransfield and Ross collection. Isn’t it fabulous, so perfect for a chic Mom Cave!
4. Finalized and presented the “Casual Elegance” family room design to my clients. Presentation went amazing, now time to order the materials, yay!
5. Financial planning office project is near completion…final piece of furniture for conference room was delivered, the quartz top table from Room & Board was the perfect choice for sure. The accessories I scored from Home Goods also add the perfect finishing touch.
6. My new clutch arrived from One Kings Lane, it’s my latest obsession….
7. Finished off the week with an amazing dinner with my Honey at An Nhau in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Their bamboo garden is so fabulous and inspiring, it’s my new favorite Vietnamese restaurant.
Wishing you a Fran-tastic week!
Adding on to my client’s entryway design plan, today I shopped for indoor/outdoor rugs which are the perfect solution to high traffic areas while maintaining a look of elegance.
These three are my favorite styles from Home Decorators. They have a fabulous selection of rugs and what I love the most is the customer reviews. Shopping online for my clients is tricky enough when you can’t feel things and judge their quality. Candid customer reviews always put me at ease and steer me in the right direction with decisions.
For this entryway design, I’m going with the first pattern which captures the contemporary elegance look i’m going for.
Have you ever purchased rugs from Home Decorators? Do you value customer reviews too?
Bits of my Fran-tastic week 7/8
Wow, the week flew by! With tons of projects and fabulous friends in town from Miami, it was a fun filled week….here are some bits
1. Started off the week picking up some Benjamin Moore materials for a fun project I’ll be blogging about in a few days. Stay tuned….
2. Working on a new family room design, client wants a soothing palette with pops of color, watery blues with modern prints are the perfect fundamentals for this space.
3. Stopped by my favorite showroom, Lexington Furniture, looking for inspiration for a new project Hamptons project I’ll be sharing with you soon…..It’s quite fabulous is all I can say for now….
4. Had an awesome Thai dinner with my Honey at Room Service in Hell’s Kitchen. The interior design of the space is incredible! Loved the antique mirrors installed in the ceiling, so fabulously surreal!
5. Never tire of NYC rooftop lounge views….specially at Haven.
6. Presented my Bar/Lounge design to my client who is also my contractor. This is just a peek. Will post entire design plan in a few days, stay tuned.
7. Had a sweet picnic with my Honey at Hunter’s Point park in Long Island City while watching the sunset….
8. After dinner stroll before we met up with friends for cocktails….
9. Took Miami friends to Ravel Penthouse, have you been? The best view of the New York City skyline from Queens.
Bits of my Fran-tastic week in Miami 7/1
While NYC was experiencing a torturous heat wave, Miami’s temperature was pleasantly comfortable, making my trip all the more fabulous. Here are bits of my favorite Miami moments…
1. Stayed at my favorite South Beach hotel, Shore Club. So exotic, chic & dreamy!
2. Morning coffee in the hotel garden beats my kitchen table any day!
3. Fourth of July fireworks on the beach amongst palm trees is pure bliss…
4. The dreamy Moroccan candle lit garden at sunset takes my breath away…
5. Snagged up these awesome new sunnies from Michael Kors, making me feel very Miami Vice chic!
Continued….Bits of my Fran-tastic week in Miami 7/1
6. Al fresco dining at Terrazza restaurant overlooking pool garden at the Shore Club is my new addiction.
7. Lusted over the Incredible honeycomb ceiling detail at the Versailles Cuban restaurant.
8. Attended a fabulous exhibition of my friend, Jose Rementeria, paintings at the Nina Torres Gallery. So inspired by his work….
9. Got pampered at the Spa at the Shore Club just what I needed before I head back home and reality.
10. Waved farewell to Miami while soaking up gorgeous city views from my friends apt in Brickell, Miami. Hasta luego Miami….te quiero!
Meaningful art in Miami
Last night I attended a fabulous exhibit at the Nina Torres Gallery in Miami, where my friend, Jose Rementeria, paintings were showcased.
Aren’t they amazing? Striking, thought provoking, emotional, peaceful, meaningful, are how I describe his art. Their large format also makes a captivating statement.
I love all of his work
and hope to incorporate them in my projects soon. My favorite is “Battling Man’s Ego.” The third painting and is also behind me in the last photo.
What are your thoughts on this art, do you have a favorite?
Last photo, from left to right: My dear friend, Margaret and her husband, the Artist, Jose Rementeria, Me, my Honey.
Bits of My-ami…
Miami, my home away from home. I’ve been coming here every year since I was a child and it always melts my heart.
This time I’m staying at The Shore Club in South Beach which is one of my favorite hotels. The modern Moroccan decor is exotic and dreamy!
I’m smitten with the coastal landscape, palm trees, modern and elegant architecture. But, what I love most about Miami is its Latin flair and energy!
Here are a few of my favorite moments of My-ami so far.
Hope you have a fabulous 4th of July….I sure will!
Bits of my Fran-tastic week 6/24
A few of my favorite moments this week…. Summer, Summer, Summer time….oooh Summertime.
1. Turned a sleek bachelor pad at 75 Wall Street into a sophisticated elegant space for a soon to be newlywed couple for the season premier of “On The White Carpet” airing in September. A fabulous way to start the week, no?
2. Completed my client’s Contemporary Coastal living room design plan. Presentation went excellent, now time to order furniture, YAY!
3. Cocoa & Hearts painting from Jen Ramos arrived, it looks gorgeous in my client’s nursery, the perfect finishing touch!
4. New York Summer sunsets leave me speechless….
5. My signature summer cocktail: One part Bacardi coconut rum and 3 parts Thai coconut water garnished with a slice of strawberry. DELISH!
6. Summer swag is in full effect! My weekend essentials consist of Clarins sunblock, Gucci shades, big hat and classic straw tote.
7. My new beach accessory….LOVE!
8. A beautiful summer “moment” in Long Beach…..really doesn’t get any better!